Re: restarting schedules

From: Chimera
Subject: Re: restarting schedules
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 14:10:23 -0700

Yes, it does.  The reason is that I use asynchronous events, so that all
events are projected into the future and already in the schedule ordered
by time.  I have considered on restart, subtracting the time that the
state was saved from each of the associated agent events, thereby
realligning to zero.  The problem is that this isn't very clean because my
data files are all time tagged.   I would end up with a time reset (or
multiple if the system is acting up) in the the data files that then also
must be rectified.  It would be a lot cleaner if I could start the sim
running at the point it was terminated.

Cheers,

   D3

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> D3> My problem occurs with the synchronous schedules.
> D3> They do not like initial times greater
> D3> then the repeat interval.
>
> Does it actually matter what the absolute time is in your model?

* Doug Donalson                 Office: (805) 893-2962
* Ecology, Evolution,           Home:   (805) 961-4447
* and Marine Biology            email address@hidden
* UC Santa Barbara
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106
*
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but
*   "That's funny ...?"
*
*       Isaac Asimov
*