Help needed .. Using DDE in swarm

From: Dominique Jacquel
Subject: Help needed .. Using DDE in swarm
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:01:42 +0100

hi,

I'm using swarm 1.1 and cygwin32 B19 under NT4.
I want to create a DDE link between my swarm application and a windows
application (let's call it WinApp). I have this link working in one of my
home-brewed C++ program, and I'm now trying to make it work in swarm. I'm
using API calls from DDEML.h do perform my DDE operations.

So far I manage to create a DDE wild_connect between swarm (DDE client) and
WinApp (DDE server). I even manage to send one DDE_EXECUTE command from
swarm to WinApp. But my swarm application invariably crashes after that
DDE_EXECUTE displaying a simple "aborted" (after the DDE_EXECUTE is
complete!).

If anyone achieved a successful DDE link from a swarm application, I'd be
grateful to hear about it. I can send DDE trace and code extracts to anyone
knowledgeable in this domain.

Thanks in advance.

 Mr Dominique Jacquel - Phd student
 Mechanical Eng. - University of Edinburgh
 King's Building EH9 3JL Edinburgh SCOTLAND
 e-mail:   address@hidden
 web page: www.mech.ed.ac.uk/~dom/