binary install

From: Chimera
Subject: binary install
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:00:41 -0700

Marcus and/or Alex (or who ever...)

I am going to be installing Swarm-1.1 for a researcher at Berkley,
probably next week.

If I remember, last time I tried to install the binary version of
Swarm-1.1 on a Sparc, I discovered that although I could make a change
to the Swarm source (schedule.m in particular) and get it to compile,
the new version never got included into the executable area.  In other
words, it compiled, but the old version still ran.

1.)  Should I be able to do this?

2.)  Is there anything special I need to do to get the recompiled code
part of the executable?

It would really be a big help if I could do this.

Cheers,

   D3

* Doug Donalson                 Office: (805) 893-2962
* Ecology, Evolution,           Home:   (805) 961-4447
* and Marine Biology            email address@hidden
* UC Santa Barbara
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106
*
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but
*   "That's funny ...?"
*
*       Isaac Asimov
*