Re: Back with memory problems

From: Chimera
Subject: Re: Back with memory problems
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:05:32 -0700

I have had some out of memory problems using 1.1.  I have discovered that
they seem to have come from the EZGraphs.  I have 3 graphs with a total of 10
traces.  I ended up with crashes after say greater than 2500 display steps.
This was a result whether I was running my full sim or a gutted version that
plays back the saved data as a "movie".   As Marcus suggested, I disabled the
graphs (I just took out the  ObserverSwarm update message) and found that the
memory crash went away.  Also, the batch version of the same model doesn't
have the problem.  For what it's worth.

Cheers,

D3

Christian Langer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While searching for the reason of my memory-troubles I found out that
> the sample application 'simpleExperBug' runs out of memory too.  With
> each repetition it needs more memory and if the inc values are small
> enough it crashes after a while.
>
> Does this error also occur with your installation? And why?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> cl
>
> --
>
> _/       _/ _/  _/ _/  _/ Dipl. Inform. Christian Langer
> _/      _/ _/  _/ _/  _/  WHU Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management
> _/     _/ _/  _/ _/  _/   RWE Chair for Controlling and Logistics
> _/    _/ _/_/_/ _/  _/    Burgplatz 2, D-56179 Vallendar, Germany
> _/ _/_/ _/  _/ _/  _/     Tel. +49 261 6509-481  Fax: -479
> _/_/_/ _/  _/ _/  _/      email: address@hidden
> _/ _/ _/  _/  _/_/        homepage: http://www.whu-koblenz.de/control

* Doug Donalson                 Office: (805) 893-2962
* Ecology, Evolution,           Home:   (805) 961-4447
* and Marine Biology            email address@hidden
* UC Santa Barbara
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106
*
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but
*   "That's funny ...?"
*
*       Isaac Asimov
*