Probe questions ...

From: Bob Matthews
Subject: Probe questions ...
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:08:53 -0400

Maybe this is well-known ...

I'm using Swarm 1.0.1 and trying to get Probes to simply
display basic data types.  I've found the following:

  (char*)  aCString     ... ok
  (char)   aCString[20] ... probe fails
  (int)    testint      ... ok
  (long)   testlong     ... probe fails
  (float)  testfloat    ... ok
  (double) testdouble   ... ok

Fail here means that probes display the field, but with a '...'
in it.  Is this a shortcoming of 1.0.1?  Do these failures go
away with the new 1.3?

Thanks,

Bob Matthews
ERIM