Re: Swarm-1.3 configure --with-*dir options

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Swarm-1.3 configure --with-*dir options
Date: 28 Aug 1998 11:22:44 -0700

RLR> All those --with-*dir seem to get translated into repeats of -L
RLR> parameters in the gcc commands eventually emitted.  For example,
RLR> if I make app I see for the link step, it first calls the
RLR> libtool-swarm (why do we need that now?)  and then gcc to do the
RLR> link, in each case with -L/usr/local/lib repeated six times!
RLR> There is also a repeat of -L/s/Swarm/swarm-1.3/lib for some
RLR> reason:

You can use --with-defaultdir if you have several libraries in the
same place.  The duplicate swarm-1.3/lib is due to there not being
a special `rpath' directive under HPUX; -L is used.  There isn't
post processing done to reduce duplicate -L options; there could be
identical ones for Tcl, Tk, BLT, png, zlib, etc.  It's harmless, though.