Re: Newbie: "objc runtime: cannot find class..." error message

From: Norberto Eiji Nawa
Subject: Re: Newbie: "objc runtime: cannot find class..." error message
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 12:31:13 +0900

Hi Marcus,

NEN> The applications files (heatbugs, for instance) do not increase
NEN> their sizes when the shared libraries are disabled, but I am
NEN> quite sure that configure is processing the flag --disable-shared
NEN> fine.

marcusd> You did another `make install' and rebuilt the apps?  What was
installed
marcusd> in $SWARMHOME/lib?

Thanks for your help. I went through the installation process from
configure, make, (make check), make install, build apps. The list of
files in $SWARMHOME/lib follows below:

libactivity.a           libmisc.a               libsimtoolsgui.a
libactivity.la          libmisc.la              libsimtoolsgui.la
libactivity.so@         libmisc.so@             libsimtoolsgui.so@
libactivity.so.0@       libmisc.so.1@           libsimtoolsgui.so.1@
libactivity.so.0.1.0    libmisc.so.1.0.0        libsimtoolsgui.so.1.0.0
libanalysis.a           libobjectbase.a         libspace.a
libanalysis.la          libobjectbase.la        libspace.la
libanalysis.so@         libobjectbase.so@       libspace.so@
libanalysis.so.1@       libobjectbase.so.1@     libspace.so.0@
libanalysis.so.1.0.0    libobjectbase.so.1.0.0  libspace.so.0.1.0
libcollections.a        librandom.a             libtclobjc.a
libcollections.la       librandom.la            libtclobjc.la
libcollections.so@      librandom.so@           libtclobjc.so@
libcollections.so.1@    librandom.so.0@         libtclobjc.so.0@
libcollections.so.1.0.0 librandom.so.0.0.0      libtclobjc.so.0.0.0
libdefobj.a             libsimtools.a           libtkobjc.a
libdefobj.la            libsimtools.la          libtkobjc.la
libdefobj.so@           libsimtools.so@         libtkobjc.so@
libdefobj.so.0@         libsimtools.so.1@       libtkobjc.so.1@
libdefobj.so.0.0.1      libsimtools.so.1.0.0    libtkobjc.so.1.0.0

--
Eiji