Re: question about Drop

From: James Marshall
Subject: Re: question about Drop
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 14:11:47 GMT

Hi,
  strange, I'm now doing that... my objects contain ListIndexes, so
for each ListIndex I call deleteAll, then drop it. Finally I call the
drop method of the super class. e.g.

-(void)drop
{
  [[aList getCollection] deleteAll];
  [aList drop];
  [super drop];
}

But the memory usage on my system only rises, never falls (on Windows
NT 4.0 with Swarm 1.2, no EZgraphs or anything... simply logging
results to an OutFile). This is a potential problem as I'm
doing a parameter sweep of a 100 runs of the model, and I think it
will run out of memory. I'll have to wait and see if it reclaims some
memory when it runs low.
        James