Sample Apps under IRIX6.5

From: Jonathan Impett
Subject: Sample Apps under IRIX6.5
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 13:21:41 +0000

Thanks to various people's help, I've managed to configure, make and
install
Swarm on an SGIo2 under IRIX6.5. The default setup puts bins, libs, and
mans
in /usr/local, and creates /usr/local/etc/swarm/. When I set SWARMHOME
to "/usr/local" in a sample App Makefile, gmake seems to find the
Makefile.appl in /usr/local/etc/swarm/, but can't locate Makefile
common. There
are two copies of both - there, and in /usr/local/swarm-1.3.1/etc.

 The error message is:
sg 9# gmake
 /usr/local/etc/swarm/Makefile.appl:2: NONE/etc/swarm/Makefile.common:
No such file or directory
gmake: *** No rule to make target `NONE/etc/swarm/Makefile.common'.
Stop.

 If I change SWARMHOME in the Makefile to
"/usr/local/swarm-1.3.1" (i.e. read the other version), and amend the
include line to
"include $(SWARMHOME)/etc/Makefile.appl", I get a similar result.

 Presumably some other configuration does not agree. Should another file

have been changed before configuration and compilation, should SWARMHOME
be set at a more
global level somewhere (I changed no files during installation, until
the
sampleApps Makefile), or are there issues I haven't even dreamed of yet?

Continued thanks!,
  Jonathan

Jonathan Impett
Faculty of Music