Re: Sample Apps under IRIX6.5

From: Jonathan Impett
Subject: Re: Sample Apps under IRIX6.5
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:52:28 +0000

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> JI> The config.swarm files (in both
> JI> /usr/local/swarm-1.3.1/etc and /usr/local/etc/swarm), have
> JI> "prefix=NONE", and "NONE" is where make seems to be looking. The
> JI> configure line I gave originally was "./configure
> JI> --with-defaultdir=/usr/local", with no "--prefix" setting.  Should
> JI> the config.swarm files be rewritten somehow, or does that require
> JI> reconfiguring from the top?
>
> It's better to reconfigure from the top with --prefix so that the
> compiled-in #defines get set.  The prefix/swarm_prefix settings will
> work right in 1.4.
>
> Thanks for the report.

   Gmaking heatbugs now finds the o32 Xpm library (in /usr/lib), instead
of the n32 (in /usr/lib32):

ld32: WARNING 85: definition of __eprintf in
/usr/local/lib/libcollections.so preempts that definition in
/usr/local/lib/libmisc.so. (many such warnings)
ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting n32 objects: /usr/lib/libXpm.so is o32.
gmake: *** [heatbugs] Error 1

Changing the config line to:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-xpmlibname=/usr/lib32/libXpm.so

generates the following message during configuration:
 checking directory of lib/usr/lib32/libXpm.so... no
checking directory of libXpm... /usr/lib
checking for tclsh8.0... (cached) yes

i.e. configure doesn't find the file in /lib32 (nor with any other
version of its name or directory).

Is there another --with I can give, can it be set directly in
/swarm-1.3.1/configure, or is there another secret?

    thanks,
    Jonathan

Jonathan Impett
Faculty of Music