raster movies

From: John Carnahan
Subject: raster movies
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:14:14 -0800 (PST)

I am having a problem running heatbugs with screen shots. The code
compiles fine with the source below.

#######################
#ifdef SCREENSHOTS
      {
        char filename[40];
        id <Pixmap> pixmap;
        sprintf(filename,"heatbugs%04u.png",getCurrentTime());
        pixmap = [Pixmap createBegin: [self getZone]];
        [pixmap setWidget: nil];
        pixmap = [pixmap createEnd];
        [pixmap save: filename];
        [pixmap drop];
      }
#endif
######################

The problem occurs during runtime. I get the following error as soon as
the first image is being made:

###############################
libpng error: Invalid number of colors in palette
*** event raised for error: PixmapError
Error during PNG write of movie/banambani.rootwindow.0000.png
*** execution terminating due to error
Aborted (core dumped)

I tried turning off Netscape and the like but to no avail. File
permissions are also not the problem since a file, although corrupt, is
created. For reference, I am currently running Swarm1.3, RedHat5.1, tk8.0.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John