Really "newbie" questions

From: Pearson, John T. Jr. GS-13/SM
Subject: Really "newbie" questions
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:17:37 -0600

Hi All,

I recently downloaded the SWARM files for NT from the SFI webpage.  I've
apparently successfully installed them.  I'm working to port DISA/D81's &
SAIC's IOWA model from a Sun Solaris SWARM environment to Windows/NT/95/98.
I'm am truly a newbie, not just to SWARM but to gnu-win32.  Where do I
start?  How do I verify that I've got it all installed correctly.  I'm and
old FORTRAN programmer, some C, some C++, some VB (VAX, Unix, PC).  What
file should I look for in the IOWA code (besides make) that would fix this
problem:

invoking command: address@hidden//e/public/iowa/source] $ make makefile

error message: Makefile:30:
//d/win32app/swarm-1.3.1/demos/packages/swarm/Makefile.appl:No such file or
directory
make: *** No rule to make
target'//d/win32app/swarm-1.3.1/demos/packages/swarm/Makefile.appl'. Stop.

SWARM is installed on "//d/win32app/swarm-1.3.1"
Cygnus "cgywin32 B19" on "//d/win32app/Cygnus/B19"
Iowa source on "//e/public/iowa/source"

Forgive me, but I am a real greenhorn here.  The SWARM docs don't really
help newbies.  Any replies or questions should be really detailed.

Thanks...

John T. Pearson, Jr  GS-13
IW Systems Engineer
Air Force Information Warfare Center