Re: rpm distribution

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: rpm distribution
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:03:21 -0600

Since egcs-objc is in the RedHat distribution, I don't feel a need to
distribute it.  People have it on CD or can get it where they got their
RPMS.  I added the requirement into the RPM so that new users won't be
able to install swarm unless they also get egcs-objc.  If I were to
begin redistributing all the rpms that some people may not have
installed, I'd have to distribute xpm, xpm-devel, XFree86-devel, tcl/tk,
and so forth.

pj

Van Dung Ly wrote:

> Paul,
>
> My standard installation of the RedHat 5.2 distribution didnt include:
>
> egcs-objc-1.0.3a-14
>
> which was a pre-requisite for installing swarm-1.4-1.rpm; I manage to find
> the package and then installed the swarm rpm fine. However, it my be a
> problem for newbies. Can I suggest placing the egcs-objc rpm in the same
> repository as the swarm rpm.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Van (x5545)
>
> On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Pietro Terna wrote:
>
> >       Dear Paul,
> >
> >       Swarm 1.4 in your rpm distribution works perfectly in my ReadHat 5.1
> > Linux
> > Box.
> >
> >       Pietro

> >    Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day
> >    to day usage of Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp.
> >    [un]subscribing), please send a message to <address@hidden>
> >    with "help" in the body of the message.

Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
University of Kansas                    Office: (785) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045                  FAX: (785) 864-5700