Re: gdb version

From: Fabio Mascelloni
Subject: Re: gdb version
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:25:44 +0100

Marshall James wrote:

Hi,
  since I started using Swarm at version 1.2, and with the 1.3.1 CD-ROM,
I've been used to having a "visual" gdb, but since installing 1.4 I've now
got a command line version, which I find much less user friendly. Can
anyone tell me how to get the "visual" version of gdb back?     I see that
there is a no-windows interface switch for running gdb, but how do I do the
opposite? I tried the switch to disable reading of the .gdbinit file as
well, but that changed nothing. The gdb version number is given as 4.17.1
        James
Are you using Cygwin32 under Win95/98 ? If that's the case, I had the same poblem and so I visited Cygnus'site at www.cygnus.com , read their F.A.Qs and I found
this:

Release Beta 20 (Oct 30 1998)
WinGDB. This tcl-based GUI is shipping today to customers of the GNUPro Toolkit. The instrumentation changes to GDB and
the tcl interpreter that was built into GDB are part of the GPL'd source base. But the tcl scripts are not being made available to
the net at this time. For this reason, you will only find a command-line version of gdb in this Cygwin release....>>

Fabio.