a newbie's journal goes on line - feel free to check it out...

From: owner-swarm-support
Subject: a newbie's journal goes on line - feel free to check it out...
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:10:09 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:05:58 -0800

Hello SWARM folks,

I'm a newbie using SWARM. I've decided to keep a journal of my
experiences with SWARM in hopes that it may prove useful to other
newbies heading down the SWARM path.

Basically, what I've begun to do is design and implement incredibly
rudimentary applications that isolate and explore or demonstrate
particular facet of coding in general or the SWARM simulation
environment specifically. In the journal, one may find both code and
accompanying color commentary. I'll probably include excerpts from
discussions that take place in swarm-support where they are pertinent to
the task at hand.

As I said, the applications are incredibly simply and the code is sure
to be inelegant from time to time. In spite of these facts, I'm hoping
that the journal will prove of use to someone other than myself at some
point in the future. Of course, comments are always welcome!

You can find my journal (along with disclaimers, objectives, bad
wallpaper, and pictures of my son) on the web at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~thevillas/SWARM/SWARMindex.htm

For what it's worth...

Cheers!

Joseph Villa