Installation problem: Swarm-1.4.1 on Win95

From: Jan Kreft
Subject: Installation problem: Swarm-1.4.1 on Win95
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:57:08 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all,

after the setup is 82% complete I get the error message

Severe:
[AddPath] Could not convert long path to short path

while C:\bin\sh.exe is apparently being copied (though not to be found
there after setup cancels)

OK, I had 1.3.1 up and running and tried installing Swarm-1.4.1 without
removing the old version. Then I tried installing the new one after I had
removed the old stuff, including entries in autoexec.bat. No change.
Cygwin B20 is installed parallel to B19.

Any ideas where the problem lies?

Thanks, Jan.

Jan Kreft                               Phone +44 (0)1222 876036
Cardiff School of Biosciences           Fax   +44 (0)1222 874305
Cardiff University                      E-mail address@hidden
PO Box 915, Cardiff CF1 3TL, UK