Re: Randomising ActionGroup

From: Axel von Kamp
Subject: Re: Randomising ActionGroup
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:36:25 +0000

> AVK> So I've tried using the ActionGroup_c class directly in the
> AVK> following way:
> [..]
> AVK> I get a segmentation fault.
>
> You have to use the type objects; ActionGroup_c is internal.
>
> AVK> BTW, I'm usind Swarm 1.4 on a RedHat 5.1 Linux box. I've compiled Swarm
> AVK> from the source code.
>
> Swarm 1.4.1 fixed this problem.  When you used setDefaultOrder: with
> ActionGroup in Swarm 1.4, you got this error, right?
>
> error: BehaviorPhase_s (instance)
> BehaviorPhase_s does not recognize create:
> Abort (core dumped)

No, with both 1.4 and 1.4.1 I just get a compiler warning stating
...method `setDefaultOrder:' not implemented by protocol
When the program runs, the ActionGroup instance to which I send the message
(during the creation phase) obviously accepts it. But as soon as this instance
is used for creating an action or when it is accessed in a running activity I
get a segmentation fault. However, if I don't send the setDefaultOrder: message
during the creation phase everything works fine except that there is no random
order of execution.
If you've got a randomized ActionGroup working, could you please send me an
excerpt from your program which shows how to do it?

Thanks,
Axel