getClass problems

From: Marshall James
Subject: getClass problems
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 16:40:01 +0100

Hi,
someone on the list (can't remember who) advised me to use getClass as follows:

if ([call getClass]==[incident getClass])
{
// do one thing
}
else
{
//do something else
}

where call is an object and incident is a class. However this doesn't work for me... is this a known problem, am I using getClass in the wrong way, etc?
James
--

James Marshall - Research Assistant - COTCOS Project
Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse