HOWTO install Graph Lib (was: Re: Installing graph library

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: HOWTO install Graph Lib (was: Re: Installing graph library
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:00:25 -0600

Fabio Mascelloni wrote:

> I don't know how to install the 'graph' library to make my program aware
> of  Digraph,DigraphLink and DiGraphNode classes.
> What do I have to do?
>
> Fabio.

You new guys ask a lot of good questions! :)

I had not done this myself in quite a while.

So I just grabbed the file graph-1.4.1.tar.gz from
ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/users-contrib/eval.

THen I untarred it.

Then I found no README file, but I edited the Makefile so it knew where
swarmhome was.

Then I tried "make" and got lots of error messages that graph.h was not
found.
Inside the source, I disovered that the #import statements are wrong.
They should be changed from
        #import <graph.h>
        #import "graph.h"

I found a few where I had to change includeds from <graph/DiGraph.h> to
quotes.

I don't know if there is a system that will compile the graphlib the way
it is written now, but for me it would not compile.  It seems to me the
current <> assumes you already have the graph lib installed.

After making those changes, it did compile.

Then I type
  make install

to copy the files into the Swarmhome, that is, it puts graph.h into
/usr/include/swarm and so forth.

I also downloaded the Bank application and it does compile and run

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn