Re: Programmatically closing widget windows

From: Albert-Jan Brouwer
Subject: Re: Programmatically closing widget windows
Date: 03 May 99 01:37:08 +0100

Paul E. Johnson wrote:

> (...) try my RepeatingHeatbugs (...) look in
> http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm

I could not get it to work initially. A likely cause seemed to be that I
was still running Swarm 1.3.1.  After installing 1.4.1 RepeatingHeatBugs
works as advertised. Thanks for the example.  Unfortunately some of the
"make check" tests now fail (ForEach, ForEachRandomized, ConcurrentGroup,
ConcurrentGroupRandomized) and other things are a bit flaky, though I
have not tracked the cause down yet (ForEach segfaults, but strangely not
when run under gdb).

This is under SuSE 5.3 though, which required quite a few adjustments
in order to get Swarm to compile. Possibly I messed something up in the
process or some glibc dependency has crept into Swarm after version 1.3.1.
I will upgrade to a more modern kernel 2.2.x/glibc based Linux
distribution shortly, that will probably resolve matters.

Best regards,

Albert-Jan

---
Albert-Jan Brouwer, department of molecular physics, Leiden University.
EMail: address@hidden or address@hidden