Probing structured variables

From: William S. Shu
Subject: Probing structured variables
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 13:11:52 +0100

I have the following declarations.

typdef struct { int x, y;} Point;

@interface MyClass {
Point position;

@end

I want to use probeMaps on MyClass so as to be able to change position.x and
position.y.  How do I do it?  (I certainly do not have a good feel for
MultiVarProbeDisplays).  Attempts like below have led to serious failures:

  [probeMap addProbe: [probeLibrary getProbeForVariable: "position.x"
        inClass: [MyClass class]]];

More generally, How can one display composite variables, including
collection objects, such as arrays?

Also, can one display in the same panel instances that are not of the same
class?

In effect, I want to display a control panel of [vectors of] values from
possibly different classes.  A user can then view and modify them in a
simulation.

Thanks a lot

William.