Problems installing Swarm 1.4.1. on Redhat 5.2 (and Redhat 6.0)

From: Lorin Hochstein
Subject: Problems installing Swarm 1.4.1. on Redhat 5.2 (and Redhat 6.0)
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 00:15:04 -0400

I encountered some strange problems trying to install Swarm 1.4.1 on
some Redhat boxes.

First, I tried to install it on Redhat 6.0 (using the binary RPMs). No
problem installing, but when I tried to compile the SwarmApps, I got
compiler warning errors about it not being able to link to some Swarm
functions.

So, I tried installing it on a Redhat 5.2 box (again, using the binary
RPMs). Once again, no problem installing (after installing blt and
libffi RPMs, which weren't originally on the system), and this time no
problems compiling the Swarmapps. However, when I try to execute a
Swarmapp (I tried heatbugs and mousetrap), I get the error "Too many
arguments", even though I specify NO command-line arguments! Does anyone
know what would cause this?

Lorin Hochstein
address@hidden