save window positions and gnume on rh6.0

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: save window positions and gnume on rh6.0
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 08:30:51 -0400 (EDT)

has anyone else tried to save window positions (using the SAVE button
to write to .swarmarchive file) under the gnome windowmanager
with rh 6.0?   I find that it doesn't always save the window positions
correctly.   What is weird is that sometimes it saves some
of the window positions but not others, but the next time it will
save others and not save the ones it saved before.

note that its not that I've forgotten or miscoded the
stuff to tell it to archive the positions:
first off, even under gnome there are entries for window positions
in the .swarmarchive file, the just aren't right.
Also, the same programs, when run under the windowmaker
(i think that's the name) window manager under rh6.0
save positions just fine, every time.

any thoughts or experience on this?

 - r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html