Re: save window positions and gnume on rh6.0

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: save window positions and gnume on rh6.0
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:33:05 -0500

Rick Riolo wrote:

> has anyone else tried to save window positions (using the SAVE button
> to write to .swarmarchive file) under the gnome windowmanager
> with rh 6.0?   I find that it doesn't always save the window positions
> correctly.   What is weird is that sometimes it saves some
> of the window positions but not others, but the next time it will
> save others and not save the ones it saved before.
>
> any thoughts or experience on this?
>
>  - r
>
> Rick Riolo                           address@hidden

I had the exact same experience with Enlightenment under Gnome. With
WindowMaker the same thing does not happen. I asked about it in the
Enlightenment list, there was no answer, but within about a week the CVS
versions of Enlightenment started to work again.  I'd not recommending
that you upgrade Enlightenment, rather I'd say just migrate to
WindowMaker.  The CVS version of Enlightenment has some eye-popping
features, including a pager that will amaze you, but they still have not
worked out some fundamental problems they introduced into usage of mouse
buttons. In particular, now they make it almost impossible to use GMC
without locking up your display every other minute.

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn