createBegin and multiple objects---segmentation fault

From: DARREN MATTHEW SCHREIBER
Subject: createBegin and multiple objects---segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:08:19 -0700 (PDT)

In one of the models I am working on, I have added a new census tract
object that will look at some portion of the 2d grid and hold the
statistics for that area.  I have set it up so that the initial values for
the statistics is set during the createBegin part of the modelSwarm.  But,
I am wondering whether this might be causing the segementation fault I am
getting.

I create the residents of the grid in the same createBegin method and
after they are created I have the tract objects query the residents in
their area so that I can set intial parameters for the tracts. (My
thinking is that I set the inital parameters for the tracts and then only
update the data when something happens, to cut down processing time).

Since I haven't used createEnd yet, are the residents incomplete and thus
unusable.  Do I have to use createEnd before I can deal with the objects?

As a more general issue, what is the best way of tracking down a
segmentation fault?

        Darren