Error in Making a List in a new object.

From: Andrew Boyd
Subject: Error in Making a List in a new object.
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 13:11:46 -0500

Hi,
   I am currently trying to add a new object to my model during the simulation.
 I have been able to successfully create the swarm object.  However when I try
to execute the command to create a new list then I get the following error.

this is addCell test 1
this is addCell test 2
getNumComp Called in Cell.m
createCompList called from Cell.m
error: Zone_c.Creating (class)
Zone_c.Creating does not recognize allocIVars:
Abort

The first four lines are print statments verifying that the functions are being
called.  If the list was created I would have recieved two print statements
(See code below).

In Cell Model Swarm I call the function via:

  [nwcll createCompList];

where nwcll is the new cell object just created.

In the cell object the code is :
- createCompList
{
   [super buildObjects];
   printf("createCompList called from Cell.m \n");
   compList = [List create: self];
   printf("createCompList called from Cell.m 2 \n");
   return self;
}

In the cell header file:

- (id)getCompList;                                // access methods into the

When first starting the simulation the object of cells can create a list within
itself with the command:
   compList = [List create: self];
However during the simulation would you need to have another command to create
a list?  I have looked in the Collection Library and the NeXT's developers
library and have not found much on why I am getting this error.  Any and all
help would be appreciated.

Andy Boyd
UT Southwestern Medical Center