missing javaclass in RedHat 6 rpm?

From: Tom Wainwright
Subject: missing javaclass in RedHat 6 rpm?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 20:36:34 +0000

I just downloaded and installed the rh6.i386 rpm's for
swarm-hdf5-2.0.1-2 and
swarm-kaffe-2.0.1-2, along with jheatbugs and jmousetrap.  After
installing and setting SWARMHOME=/usr, I tried "make" in the
jheatbugs-2.0.1 directory.  I got the following error:

                 ^
> HeatSpace.java:81: class ArrayList not found in class HeatSpace
        heatList = new ArrayList ();
                       ^
> 2 errors
> make: *** [all] Error 255

I don't find a class "ArrayList" anywhere on my system.  Is this an
omission from the RPM, a path problem, an incompatibility with Kaffe
(I'm using kaffe-1.0.b4-2), or ...?  (I don't do much java except in
liquid form, so I'm not familiar with the class libraries.)

"jmousetrap" makes and runs perfectly!

--
Tom Wainwright
NOAA/NMFS/NWFSC