Re: missing javaclass in RedHat 6 rpm?

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: missing javaclass in RedHat 6 rpm?
Date: 05 Oct 1999 15:01:00 -0600

[...]

TW> I don't find a class "ArrayList" anywhere on my system.  Is this
TW> an omission from the RPM, a path problem, an incompatibility with
TW> Kaffe (I'm using kaffe-1.0.b4-2), or ...?  (I don't do much java
TW> except in liquid form, so I'm not familiar with the class
TW> libraries.)

TW> "jmousetrap" makes and runs perfectly!

Just gunzip and untar the jdk12.tar.gz file (which is included in the
jheatbugs-2.0.1 distribution) in the jheatbugs-2.0.1 directory (it has
the missing classes):

$ cd jheatbugs-2.0.1
$ gunzip jdk12.tar.gz
$ tar zxf jdk12.tar

The reason you report these classes as missing is because Kaffe 1.0.4b
does not fully implement JDK 1.2 as yet.  The development version (and
presumably the next official Kaffe release will should be fully 1.2
compliant).  This is why we distribute these extra classes in that
tar.gz file.

Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden