Swarm 2.0.1 RPMs - release 3

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Swarm 2.0.1 RPMs - release 3
Date: 19 Oct 1999 01:13:20 -0600

Paul,

Since they just released kaffe-1.0.5 (a stable release, with JDK 1.2
support) I thought I'd build some RPMs against the new Transvirtual
RPM.  Works very nicely out-of-the-box, no need to untar jdk1.2.tar.gz
for jheatbugs any longer!

Other advantages are that kaffe's implementation of `jar' now works
properly, so you have one swarm.jar file in
`/usr/share/swarm/swarm.jar', and numerous kaffe bug fixes.

Could you give them a whirl sometime before I make the official
announcement?

  ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/alex/redhat/i386

Where to get the kaffe RPMs is in the README.i386, here's the relevant
excerpt:

[...]

Java support enabling `add-on' package:
=======================================

You can add Java support to *either* of the above `swarm-base'
packages

[Note: this is *not* required if you wish to purely program in
Objective C and not in Java]:

* swarm-kaffe-2.0.1-3.rh6.i386.rpm

  which requires kaffe-1.0.5

  available from the official kaffe.org ftp site:

  ftp://www.kaffe.org/pub/kaffe/binaries/linux/kaffe-1.0.5-6.i386.rpm

  (Note: this RPM is *not* yet available in any Red Hat distribution,
  but has the advantage of supporting JDK 1.2 features.  Use the older
  swarm-2.0.1-2.i386.rpm if you wish to use kaffe-1.0.4b-2.i386.rpm).

[...]