Re: compile error

From: xueyue
Subject: Re: compile error
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:36:24 +0000

In <http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#2.2>
it says the error message is harmless, but in my case, when a
./hello-world
is created, it can not be executed --- segment faults occur.
Also, I use egcs in stead of gcc. And egcs together with the necessary
supporting software is installed with rpm package. The patch provided by
SFI will not apply, are there anyother solutions?

 Johnson wrote:

> xueyue wrote:
> >
> > When I use 'make' to compile swarmapp (i.e. hello-world), the last bit
> > of the compile message is listed below. Can anyone point out the
> > reasons?
> > Thanks!
> >
> > (this is redhat6.0 swarm package, swarm-2.0.1-2.rh6, and
> > swarmapps-2.0.1):
> >
> > /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
> > `__objc_class_name_SwarmObject' are not defined
>
> http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#2.2
> "Big Ugly GCC/Egcs warnings when compiling Swarm application"
>
> --
> Paul E. Johnson                       email: address@hidden
> Dept. of Political Science            http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
> University of Kansas                  Office: (785) 864-9086
> Lawrence, Kansas 66045                FAX: (785) 864-5700

Dr Xueyue Huang
Center for Transport Studies
Imperial College
London SW7 2BU