Re: compile error

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: compile error
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:03:52 -0500

xueyue wrote:

> In <http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html#2.2>
> it says the error message is harmless, but in my case, when a
> ./hello-world
> is created, it can not be executed --- segment faults occur.
> Also, I use egcs in stead of gcc. And egcs together with the necessary
> supporting software is installed with rpm package. The patch provided by
> SFI will not apply, are there anyother solutions?

The error is harmless. There is something else causing your segfault.

The patch at SFI will apply to the source of gcc.2.95.1. I have a patch
that does apply to the egcs source as distributed with RedHat 6.0 if you
want it.

I can't tell what is causing your segfault unless you remind me what
kind of Linux you are running, how did you install swarm, and most
importantly, what happens if you get a working version of gdb (not the
one in RH 6.0) and do

gdb .lib/heatbugs
run
bt