Re: FAQ: Installing Swarm on SuSE Linux 6.2

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: FAQ: Installing Swarm on SuSE Linux 6.2
Date: 01 Nov 1999 01:21:40 -0700

NG> Installing Swarm on SuSE Linux 6.2
NG> ==================================

NG> Although SuSE Linux is similar to Redhat, it is sufficiently
NG> different to make installation of the Redhat RPM packages
NG> difficult.  Here is the procedure for installing Swarm on SuSE
NG> Linux 6.2:

[...]

Nigel,

Thanks for providing an excellent FAQ for folks wanting to use Swarm
with SuSE Linux!

So this is an excellent opportunity for my next question: any SuSE
users out there, feel like making some SuSE-specific RPMs?  If
anyone's seriously interested, I'm more than happy to help get them
kickstarted with the `rpm' packaging methods (spec file maintanance,
naming conventions and the like).  I just don't have access to a
SuSE-based machine (we already maintain a RH 6.0, RH 6.1 and a Debian
GNU/Linux machines).  Of course, we are more than happy to host the
RPM files once they're built.

Anyone feel like jumping in, just let me know via private e-mail.

Thanks again!

 --- Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden