killing agents

From: Peter Aykroyd
Subject: killing agents
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 19:02:25 -0500

Hi all,
   I'm having a problem with my swarm simulation killing agents.  They're
displayed on an extension of the grid2d and they are kept in a swarm list
object.  When they die, I've tried using the remove method on the list to
get them out and removing them from grid2d.  I've also tried, in addition
to these two measures, returning null from the method instead of the agent
object.  Nevertheless, whenever one dies it crashes the program due to a
null pointer exception.  Can anyone tell me what I'm not doing?  Thanks for
any help you can give.

        Pete
"There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of
the most popular are `Why are people born?' `Why do they die?' `Why do they
spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?'"
                        -Douglas Adams