Re: It crashed while making probes

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: It crashed while making probes
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 20:15:25 -0600

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> PJ> I've got the grid of objects that is receiving the message from
> PJ> the rightclick on the raster. In each of these objects, there is a
> PJ> list of agents, and I take the first one of those agents and
> PJ> create a probe for it. Then when I right click on the class name
> PJ> in the probe, I get a crash and here is the backtrace.
>
> PJ> #0  0x4021da22 in objc_msg_lookup ()
> PJ>    at /home/alex/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.0.1/libobjc/sendmsg.c:609
> PJ> #1  0x40153b38 in __DTOR_END__ ()
> PJ> #2  0x4014861b in -[VarProbe probeAsString:Buffer:withFullPrecision:]
> PJ> (self=0x82c5610,
> PJ>    _cmd=0x401534d8, anObject=0x819bb68, buf=0xbfffd2f0 "\202l\021@",
> PJ> precision=0)
> PJ>    at /home/alex/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.0.1/src/objectbase/VarProbe.m:582
>
> Looks like the object you are probing is corrupted or dropped, somehow.
>
>                   ==================================
I'm sure it is not dropped, since I'm able to bring up the probe display
for the subclass.

Which must mean it is corrupted. Can you please tell me what you mean by
corrupted? Perhaps you could give me some hints about how I caused
corruption, so I can check for it.  What bugs me about it is that the
simulation runs fine and the agents go along doing what they are
supposed to.  Except when I try to get the probe thing going, and after
opening the probe for the subclass, I  try to right click the
superclass's box in that probe to expose the rest of the variables.

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn