Re: It crashed while making probes

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: It crashed while making probes
Date: 22 Nov 1999 09:00:15 -0800

PJ> I've got the grid of objects that is receiving the message from
PJ> the rightclick on the raster. In each of these objects, there is a
PJ> list of agents, and I take the first one of those agents and
PJ> create a probe for it. Then when I right click on the class name
PJ> in the probe, I get a crash and here is the backtrace.

These literal commands are intended for Swarm 2.0.1 on Redhat.
(But *think about* this process, don't just type it in.)

$ gdb .libs/your-app
(gdb) run
...wait for control panel, bring up the probe display
[press control-C]
(gdb) sharedlibrary
(gdb) break VarProbe.m:556
(gdb) c
..now right click on class name
  (I guess you mean the blue name in the upper left?)
(gdb) print *self
(gdb) c
(gdb) print *self
..repeat continue/print cycle until you get the crash.  Then think about
why the last one reported might not be valid.