Error reporting in Java based Swarm

From: Murali Nandula
Subject: Error reporting in Java based Swarm
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:36:24 -0500

The question is related to Error reporting by Java based swarm.

When some error occurs in the simulation and it stops,
swarm dumps the next scheduled event as error. (Although, the reason for
simulation to stop is a different one.) Something like below:

> *** event raised for error: SourceMessage
> *** function: _i_FCall_c__createEnd(), file:
> /src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/FCall.m, line: 283
> Could not find Java method: `printStats' (()Ljava/lang/Object;)
> *** execution terminating due to error
> /src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/Symbol.m:173 -[Error(c) _raiseEvent:]

'printStats' is a repeated schedule event of my simulation.

Initially, I ended up searching for error in a wrong place!
When run in debugging mode, I can catch the exact reason for the
halt of the simulation. Did anyone face a similar problem before?
I would appreciate if someone can suggest a workaround or a fix.

Thanks,
Murali