Re: Windows NT setup problems with swarm and emacs

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: Re: Windows NT setup problems with swarm and emacs
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:07:46 -0800

> I understand these ownership problems would not affect your garden
> variety win95/98 user?

Paul,

   I can only answer this question.  For single user install:

1.)  Make sure 1.4.1 is uninstalled (otherwise the install removes gcc)

2.) Install Cygnus on Drive C:

3.)  Install EMACS on drive C:

4.)  Install Swarm on any drive

5.)  Start EMACS, hit ESC x, type "shell", and you are off and running.

6.)  If gcc doesn't work, check the Cygnus directory and see if it is there,
if not reinstall Cygnus in the same place.  (I still not  sure if #1 is the
cause and effect.)

Good Luck!

   D3