Re: memory in java

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: memory in java
Date: 26 Dec 1999 15:36:36 -0800

JR> Following witht the memory problems, simply running
JR> with some of the command line options offered by java, I get the
JR> following error message:

JR> !!!JNI global ref creation exceeded capacity

That sounds like the directory that associates Objective C and Java
instances is filling up with unexpected things.

If you build:

  ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/testing/swarm-1999-12-26.tar.gz

..or use the javaswarm.dll and swarm.jar file at:

  ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/2.0.1-fixes

You can call `dumpDirectory' as in the example below to
see what's going on...

import swarm.Globals;
import swarm.objectbase.SwarmObjectImpl;

public class TestDumpDirectory {
  static public void main (String args []) {
    Globals.env.initSwarm ("TestDumpDirectory", "0.0", "address@hidden", args);

    Globals.env.dumpDirectory ();