Re: using variable in [Class create: aZone]

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: using variable in [Class create: aZone]
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 18:34:21 -0700

Joseph wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I hope this is an easy one: I'd like to have an object's class selected
> during it's creation using a variable. Something like:
>
> - (id) createAnObject: (const char*) argClass
> {
>         id mObject;
>         mObject = [argClass create: [self getZone]];
>         return mObject;
> }

<snip>

> QUESTIONS: Do I need to do something to make my string argument into a
> valid class declaration? (Similar to using sel_get_uid(argSelector) where
> argSelector is a const char*?)

Greetings to you,

Do something like this (the nameToObject() macro does the trick):

- createAnObject: (const char*) argClass
{
    id mObject;

    mObject = nameToObject(argClass);

    if(!mObject)
    {
      raiseEvent(InvalidOperation,"Class %s not found\n",argClass);
    }
   mObject   = [mObject create: [self getZone]];

    return mObject;
}

Regards,
Benedikt

-
Benedikt Stefansson      | address@hidden
CASA, Inc.               | Ph : (505) 988-8807 x101
Santa Fe, NM 87501       | Fax: (505) 988-3440