PixmapError

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: PixmapError
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:52:17 -0800

I get the following results when I am running my update on the Schelling
model.  I've added in a method to capture the raster and create png files.
The method I added was identical to the one I was using fine with my voting
model... so I am perplexed why it is failing now.  The method is attached
below.  Note I am still using Swarm-1.3.1 on my machine at work.

Thanks in advance....

        Darren

(gdb) run
`/Swarm-1.3.1/MyWork/Schelling4.6/SchellingSwarm.exe' has changed;
re-reading symbols.
Starting program: /Swarm-1.3.1/MyWork/Schelling4.6/SchellingSwarm.exe
COMDLG32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
CYGTK80.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
GDI32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
USER32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
CYGWINB19.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
KERNEL32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
ADVAPI32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
CYGTCL80.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
*** event raised for error: PixmapError
Cannot get geometry for desktop*** execution terminating due to error
WSOCK32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
COMCTL32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
SHELL32.DLL (symbols previously loaded)
URL.DLL (symbols previously loaded)

Program exited with code 01.
(gdb)

-takeAPicture {
  char filename[40];

   if (savePicture=1) {
     sprintf(filename, "pic%07d.png", getCurrentTime());
     //[actionCache doTkEvents];
     [[[[[[Pixmap createBegin: [self getZone]]
           setWidget: worldRaster]
          setDecorationsFlag: NO]
         createEnd] save: filename] drop];
  }