Re: Java examples

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Java examples
Date: 08 Feb 2000 12:36:55 -0800

CS> Or can I just refer to the class method without creating an
CS> instance of the class?

The first case you mention, Globals.env.uniformIntRand, is a
pre-instantiated instance of UniformIntegerDist -- in all cases,
when you use getIntegerWithMin$withMax it's always a instance
method, not a class/static method.  Sometimes it is better
to instantiate your own so that you can control the details of
the generator seed, etc.

"Globals" is a class that houses variable that need to be visible
from anywhere in a simulation.  Right now, all the variables are
housed in an embedded environment object (a real instance).  This
is so in the future we can introduce multiple virtual machines, and
have them save-able.