Re: Help, it's eating my...

From: Patrick McNeill
Subject: Re: Help, it's eating my...
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 02:58:27 -0500

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 11:32:40PM -0800, Doug Donalson wrote:
> I am using Cygnus on Win98 (yes Glen, I said that naughty word.)  As my app
> runs, it eats up memory on my "C:" drive at a rapid rate.  Now, Swarm 2.0.1
> is on drive F: and my app is on H:.  In addition I am not saving any data.
> It has to be some sort of temp file because when I reboot, I get the space
> back.  I have done a search on "all files created" and "all files modified"
> but with no success.  (A file > 200 Meg should stand out.)
>
> Any ideas on what could be doing this?

It's most likely your swap file.  Go into the control panel, and from there
I believe you should choose the System panel.  One of the tabs should deal
with virtual memory and should let you specify which drive to swap to.  If you
need more specific directions, let me know (I can't go to windows right now,
but I can probably remember most of the process).

-Patrick