Re: Help, it's eating my...

From: Georgi Kostov
Subject: Re: Help, it's eating my...
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:44:11 -0500 (EST)

It could also be temporary files in C:\TEMP, or C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.

-Georgi

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Patrick McNeill wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 11:32:40PM -0800, Doug Donalson wrote:
> > I am using Cygnus on Win98 (yes Glen, I said that naughty word.)  As my app
> > runs, it eats up memory on my "C:" drive at a rapid rate.  Now, Swarm 2.0.1
> > is on drive F: and my app is on H:.  In addition I am not saving any data.
> > It has to be some sort of temp file because when I reboot, I get the space
> > back.  I have done a search on "all files created" and "all files modified"
> > but with no success.  (A file > 200 Meg should stand out.)
> >
> > Any ideas on what could be doing this?
>
> It's most likely your swap file.  Go into the control panel, and from there
> I believe you should choose the System panel.  One of the tabs should deal
> with virtual memory and should let you specify which drive to swap to.  If you
> need more specific directions, let me know (I can't go to windows right now,
> but I can probably remember most of the process).
>
> -Patrick

Georgi H. Kostov                    University of Pennsylvania
phone: (215) 573-8119               Center for Bioinformatics
fax:   (215) 573-3111               Computational Biology and Informatics Lab
address@hidden               1313 Blockley Hall/6021
address@hidden           418 Guardian Drive
http://www.cbil.upenn.edu/~kostov/  Philadelphia, PA  19104-6021