Re: List transfer between objects

From: Konrad Richter
Subject: Re: List transfer between objects
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 09:33:01 +0100

Finally I have found out the reason. I need to use a "create: [self getZone]" instead of a simple "create: self". I can not say that I fully understand the reason for this, however now the copied list is stand-alone and changes in it do not affect the original list anymore. Thanks for your help,
Konrad
"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

KR> Now, here comes my question: Is there something that I ought to
KR> know about how to pass lists between objects? Is there some
KR> difficulty with lists of objects that themselfes contain lists? It
KR> seems to me that I have some "local" geneList inside modelSwarm
KR> and that the geneList is not part of the object "Chromosome". Do I
KR> have to work with pointers in order to pass these lists correctly?

Well, there is not implicit copying by virtue of "passing" an object, and
you don't need to work with pointers.  That's about all I can say.

================================== Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day to day usage of Swarm. For list administration needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to with "help" in the body of the message.