Re: "make check" linking error: swarm 2.1

From: maylward
Subject: Re: "make check" linking error: swarm 2.1
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 16:45:53 +0800

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

MA> TurboLinux 6.0 uses tcltk 8.0.4.
MA> I also have 8.3

MA> /userdata/swarm/src/swarm-2.1/src/tclobjc/.libs/libtclobjc.so:
MA> undefined reference to `TclSetLibraryPath'

What I think is happening is that the include directives (-I) are such
that you get the 8.3 includes, but the autoconf doesn't know about 8.3 --
I added that yesterday.  (TclSetLibraryPath is a feature starting at 8.1.)

Marcus,
This makes a lot of sense. I will have a close look tomorrow (the system is at work). You would think I would have learned by now to stick with a single tcltk version (2+ yrs of swarming). I just can't help myself when I see a new version at scriptics, or a new version of anything for that matter ;^).
Cheers and grats,
matt

   to day usage of Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp.

           Matt Aylward
Depts of Botany and Geography, The University of Western Australia.
 =====_______Linux: OS for the people by the people_______======
=====_______  OS with the power for  Real Science   _______======