W98 errors

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: W98 errors
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:25:50 +0100

        Hi all,

I've installed Swarm 2.1 in Windows 98 using swarm-2.1.exe package. I'm experiencing three problems.

PROBLEM 1

        'make' gives the following error:

address@hidden/Swarm-2.1/swarmapps-2.1/heatbugs] $ make
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror
-DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPP
VERSION=2.1 address@hidden -DDLL
-I/Swarm-2.1/include Heatbug.m
make: *** wait: Invalid argument.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** wait: No children.  Stop.
address@hidden/Swarm-2.1/swarmapps-2.1/heatbugs] $

        Repeating 'make' I obtain another compilation step:

address@hidden/Swarm-2.1/swarmapps-2.1/heatbugs] $ make
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror
-DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPP
VERSION=2.1 address@hidden -DDLL
-I/Swarm-2.1/include HeatSpace.m
make: *** wait: Invalid argument.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** wait: No children.  Stop.

        and so on, until heatbugs.exe is produced.

PROBLEM 2

heatbugs starts only writing './heatbugs' (in autoexec.bat I've '.' in my path and 'SET HOME=c:\.')

PROBLEM 3

Moving the label of a bug (after opening a probe to the bug) to the 'graphBug:' method, in HeatbugObseverSwarm probe, gives a W98 error and the program stops.

        Yours, Pietro