Re: Gui widgets - Are there any sample programs?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Gui widgets - Are there any sample programs?
Date: 24 Mar 2000 09:12:32 -0800

AO> Does anyone know if there are some good examples available?

There are numerous small examples archived on the mailing lists.
Paul probably has some of the gui ones at:

   http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/WorkingExampleCode

To bypass the not-too-smart search engine and HMTLification (i.e. code
format pessification) I've put the raw text archives at:

   ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/mailing-lists/swarm-support

`grep' for "initSwarm" or something like that.

AO> I want to master all the nice widgets in Gui library.

They are not that nice, nor fast, however they are usable and fairly
well debugged.  If you have an existing Objective C model and just
want to add some bells and whistles, it makes sense to use them.

In general, I suggest folks go get a Swing and Java book and use that
with the Java layer for all things GUI.