Speed decrease between 2.0 and 2.1?

From: jalex
Subject: Speed decrease between 2.0 and 2.1?
Date: 24 Apr 2000 16:38:05 -0700

Is there a speed decrease between Swarm 2.0 and 2.1?  I recently
installed SuSE 6.4 on a PII 233 notebook and found that my models,
recompiled on that platform (using the SuSE 6.3 rpm's), ran
significantly slower than on a PI 166 under RedHat 6.0.  (I've made
sure that the APM is not crippling the speed of the machine.)

I downloaded the source and compiled Swarm 2.1.1 from scratch on the
SuSE box, just in case the speed decrease (for some reason) could be
traced to the rpm.  Although the compilation went without a hitch, I
noticed no real improvement.

Cheers,

Jason

--