LispArchiver, input and output

From: Marie-Edith Bissey
Subject: LispArchiver, input and output
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 11:41:38 +0100 (WET DST)

Dear Swarm users,

After having searched archives and documentations, I turn to you with
this question:

In an experimentSwarm, I create a file containing the changing
parameters of the model. Then when the modelSwarm starts, it loads its
parameters from a file, and then the parameters generated by the
experiment.
All this is done using the OutFile protocols, and works well, but I
would like to transform it to using the lisp archiver.
So:

1) How can I write a file in Lisp format? all the examples I have seen
have numbers, not variables written in them. I guess it may have
something to do with OutputStream, but I am not sure how (*)

2) The modelSwarm should load 2 files. I think I understand how that
works with LispArchiver, but is it all right if in both files I have
the keyword "modelSwarm"?

3) It seems that when I compile the examples programs, the output is
by default in hdf5 format. How can I set it to be in lisp format (I
need something human-readable).

Thanking you in advance,

Marie-Edith.

(*) the code as it is written for OutFile is:

// create setup file for Model Swarm
// the file "loop.dat" is overwritten at each iteration of the
// experiment
sprintf(string,"@begin\nofficialProbPunish_1
        %f\nproportionType0 address@hidden",probPunish1,1-proportionType1);
outFile=[OutFile create:self withName:"loop.dat"];
[outFile putString:string];
[outFile drop];

Marie-Edith Bissey
Universita` del Piemonte Orientale "Amedeo Avogadro"
Facolta` di Science Politiche         email: address@hidden
Corso Borsalino 50                    tel: +39-0131-283749
15 100 Alessandria -- ITALIA          fax: +39-0131-263030