SOS

From: Mehrez Essafi
Subject: SOS
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:09:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I am developing a process simulation using Swarm plateform and I have some
questions  for you.

The environnement I am using is composed of which follow :
1. An Intel Pentium 100 Mhz computer with 16 Mo Ram and Win95 as OS.
2. Sun JDK 1.2.2 installed
3. Swarm 2.1.1 binary package installed
4. Applications like java heatbugs runs correctly
5. Problems :

*Why System.out.println("bye"); dosent produce a result when I run a Swarm
application with java in stead of javaswarm in the extract of code I wrote
below ? What can I do to have the same result either with java or javaswarm?

//** code test.java

import swarm.Globals;

class test
{
        public static void main(String[] args)
        {
                System.err.println("Hello World!");
                Globals.env.initSwarm("Simulation", "1", "address@hidden",
args);
                System.err.println("bye");

//***

with javaswarm I got this result :
Hello World!
bye
But with java I have only the first line :
Hello World!

So, when Globals.env.initSwarm("Simulation", "1",
"address@hidden", args);  is executed, the standard output become
disabled ! ! Is this a bug or what ? !

In fact, I need to use JDBC and this dosent exist in Swarm, that’s why I
tryed to combine JDK and SWARM. But, when I resulved this problem, I found
that I was describing

I am waiting for you answers.
Thanks.

Mehrez Essafi
Ecole Nationale des Sciences de l’Informatique – Faculté des Sciences de
Tunis
address@hidden
address@hidden

Say Bye to Slow Internet!